The #MonsterThread is a networking community for independent artist of all genres and also fans of independent music, radio people, bloggers among others. The idea is to help each other. The community is built around playlisting but is as much an arena for discussions about music and supporting each other.
The idea of the community and the playlist is that you can add up to five songs of your choice (your own music or independent music you like). How to join:
- Follow the playlist “THE BIG ONE”. (“THE BIG ONE” on Deezer)
- Join the Facebook-group and answer the two questions asked to join.
- Make a playlist with up to five songs that you want added, name it “YOUR FACEBOOK NAME – #MONSTERTHREAD SUBMISSION” (i.e. Jon Magnusson – #MONSTERTHREAD SUBMISSION)
- Take a screen shot as proof that you follow”THE BIG ONE” and post in the group together with the link to your submission playlist and I will then add your songs to “THE BIG ONE” and also to a appropriate genre playlist. (Feel free to write what genre playlist you think fits best for each song)
- Put the playlist on random play (or play it when you can). You can even mute it and let it play when you’re doing something else. Or play any genre playlist or your own playlist featuring people from the community, just make sure you’re helping others.
- Read the routines of the playlists and the Facebook-group HERE
- Share it or tag other people/bands that might be interested in trying this out.
- And as a bonus follow all the other bands/artists that appear on the playlist.
- Join the discussions in the group and connect with some other really great and dedicated independent artists and music fans.
- Be nice!
- If you have any questions ask in the group or send me a message via my page: